steps needed to set up companies in Dubai
In the event that investors want to start a business in the Emirate of Dubai, it is necessary to set up a company in order to be able to exercise its own economic activity, whether this activity is (commercial, industrial or professional), and have the option of registering this company at:
- Department of Economic Development
2-Registration in one of the free zones in the Emirate of Dubai, which exceeds the number of 20 free regions.
firstly: establish a company at the Department of Economic Development:
establishment of a company in the Department of Economic Development in the Emirate of Dubai you should initially determine the type of commercial activity to be practiced, define the legal form, Identify and reserve the trade name, obtain initial approval and prepare the foundation contract ( or a local service agent if the professional license is for non- GCC citizens) duly authenticated by the notary public in the Emirate. you should rent a place to practice the activity, and the lease must be attached and then the license is obtained from the economic department after the payment of the required fees, a permit for advertising banner should be obtained to practice the economic work and to receive a registration company certificate in the commercial register.
- a copy of licensee`s passport (with residence details if he is resident in the UAE, or visa unified Number for non- GCC nationals).
- a copy of identity card or family book of the licensee the citizen.
- No objection letter from issuing a license from the current sponsor for applicants to obtain a license for non-GCC nationals.
- A copy of the manager’s passport and a non-objection letter from his current sponsor.
In some cases it may require approval from some other government agencies depending on the type of activity ( If the activity is to set up a land transport company, then the agreement of the Roads and Transport Authority in the Emirate of Dubai must be obtained, and If a health center is to be established, approval must be obtained from the Ministry of Health).
What are the necessary steps?
- identify the type of activity to be practiced.
- identify the legal form of the license (limited liability company, professional license or joint stock company)
- Identify and reserve the trade name, obtaining initial approval and receiving the trade name certificate.
- initial approval.
- preparing the foundation contract or a local service agent duly authenticated by the notary public in the Emirate.
- to rent a place and to provide a duly certified lease contract.
- to pay fees and to issue a license.
- Receipt of commercial registration certificate for a commercial and industrial license.
secondly: to set up a company in the free zones in the Emirate of Dubai:
what are the free zones located in the Emirate of Dubai?
- Jebel Ali Free Zone (JAFZA)
- Dubai Airport Free Zone (DAFZ)
- Dubai Internet City (DIC)
- Dubai Multi Commodities Centre (DMCC)
- Dubai International Academic City (DIAC)
- Dubai Media City (DMC)
- Dubai Studio City (DSC)
- Dubai Knowledge Village (DKV)
- Dubai Production City (DPC)
- Dubai Energy and Environment Park (EnPark)
- Dubai Biotechnology & Research Park (DuBiotech)
- Dubai Technology and Media Free Zone (DTMFZ)
- Dubai Outsource City (DOC)
- Dubai Design District (d3)
- Dubai Gold and Diamond Park (GDP)
- Dubai Silicon Oasis Authority (DSOA))
- Dubai Healthcare City (DHCC)
- Dubai World Central (DWC)
- Dubai International Financial Centre (DIFC)
- Jumeirah Lakes Towers (JLT) Free Zone
- Dubai Cars and Automotive City Free Zone (DUCAMZ)